DailyRedPill

Loading...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

SmartBro Chronicles 2: Dark of the Canopy

Like I said on my previous post I will tell you how to change some settings in your Motorola Canopy that might benefit you in some ways. On my previous SmartBro post, I showed you how to access your canopy, now I'm gonna tell you how to change your AP or Access Point in your Base Station.
In this page,
to get this page Tool>AP Evaluation

you will see that I am currently connected to AP Index 0 (shown at the top left corner). Now, there should be two buttons below this page, it should say, Rescan AP, hit that, and it show you all AP that your canopy can detect in your range. If you will notice, there are several AP in a base station, mine can detect 4 Indexes -- Index 0 to 3. Now the most important thing is you must know in changing your base station is:

1. Jitter
2. SectorUserCount

The less value of Jitter and SectorUserCount is much better

to get this page Tools>Alignment Tool
If you found the best AP for you, find the Color Code (e.g. Color Code: 180)

Go to Configuration>Radio tab. Now change your current Color Code inside the box.Hit the  Save Changes and Reboot button.

After Reboot, go back to the homepage, see your Session Status and it should say Registered.
If you have question about this steps, just put it in the comment page.

8 comments:

  1. dude what is the new username and pass: on the canopy page..i can't access the administrator, i tried to put the username: "root", with no pass:, but doesn't work :( dude email me please thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Franie... but my Canopy doesn't have username or password under the Administrator page. I cannot verify much information now since I'm no longer in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Failed Reactivation in Smart bro portal.. how to ersplve this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude!! still its scanning, ill already put the color code and and region!! but its still scanning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, the smartbro canopy is a directional antenna, so make sure that it is facing the smart tower. if it's not, then it will just continue to scan the nearest base station.

      Delete
  5. Sir after i change my canopy color code i cannot access my canopy page again? whats the problem? my canopy version is 11.0.1 SM-DES can you help me please? Thanks bro...

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=839716&d=1384270443

    ReplyDelete

You're saying?