DailyRedPill

Loading...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

House of Marley Destiny Collection: TTR Consumer Review




I just a got my House of Marley TTR a few days ago, and after using it for a least a week, I decided to write this review. Let me bring it up front that I am neither an audiophile nor sound engineer, I am just a consumer who loves listening to music while on the go. 






Before I decided to purchase my HOM: TTR, I went to Virgin Megastore here in Qatar to compare Dr. Dre Beats Studio and House of Marley: TTR. They have this two headphones display where you can test these headphones. I decided to buy HOM: TTR for some reason and now, I will tell you what made me decide to buy the House of Marley TTR. 


Pros 
The build-quality. HOM: TTR has a sturdy feeling. It’s heavier than Beats Studio but it feels sturdier. Unlike the Beats Studio that feels like plastic, yeah  plastic, you can hear the Beats Studio plastic squeaking when you put it and remove on your head. It feels like it will break. Scary to break a 1400QAR headphones. But with the HOM: TTR the build quality is good, you can’t hear any squeaking sound from it. The headphone is made up of aluminum; the headband is aluminum with some touch of leathers. It heavier than Beats Studio though, but you can feel that this can is tough. HOM: TTR is 1439QAR though, but I think I will invest on the build quality of Marley. The cable of Beats Studio is really neat, I mean awesome, but HOM: TTR is cool. The wire is covered with fabric to prevent tangles with some rhasta colors (red-yellow-green).

Comparing the sound of Beats Studio and HOM: TTR, yes, Beats Studio has a lot of bass but HOM: TTR will give you much better. To be fair with Beats Studio, I don’t have any so I will stop comparing the sound of it but if you will ask me, I like the music reproduction on the HOM: TTR, yeah the bass is also good, as good as Studio, but it doesn’t eat up the music. You can still hear the other instruments and the vocals clear. I mean I’m impressed. Worth every penny.
The headband is really comfortable to wear, unlike the Beats Studio where you can feel a hard headband that’s on your head. In HOM: TTR, it feels there is no headband.

Cons
 The HOM:TTR is heavier that Beats Studio. You will feel the weight of it but it’s not that uncomfortable. You’ll get used to it. Just like Beats Studio, it has batteries; you need a pair of AAA batteries to make this work.
Anyhow, I am using my HOM:TTR with my HTC Titan Windows Phone Mango. The cable has in-line mic and it is perfectly working on Windows Phone. It doesn’t have any volume controls, it only have a button to answer and end your calls and just like I said, it is working perfectly for Windows Phone. I also tried it using Skype on my Windows Phone and yes, it is working perfectly fine. It’s really clear. A warning though, make sure that the volume is set to 2 when making a phone call, because this headphone is really loud.

On my laptop, it sounds great. My HP Pavilion DV6-6180ee has Beats technology (haha!) well the good thing about this Beats technology on this HP laptop is the headphone ports is when you insert the 3.5mm jack to the headphone port, you will not hear any grounding sound, I hope you know what I mean. Try inserting a headphone jack to a normal headphone port and you will hear this sound like a distortion or anything. Like I said, it sounds great, much better if the equalizer is set to default.

My conclusion, yes I will recommend this headphone over Beats Studio. It has a great sound and better build quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're saying?