DailyRedPill

Loading...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

iTunes Cannot Read the Contents of the iPhone Error

I got this error "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iphone...." when I'm trying to sync my phone to iTunes. I was restless and I kept researching for the solution, thank goodness I found one. My iPhone 3G is jailbroken and it has 3.1.2 firmware.

Here is the simple step I did:
1. Go to Cydia (skip 1 and 2 if you already have Mobile Terminal)
2. Download and install Mobile Terminal
3. Run Mobile Terminal
4. Type su root
5. Type your password (if you haven't change the password yet, it must be "alpine" of course without the ")
6. Type rm -r /var/mobile/Media (it may look like it did not nothing but it really did something)
If you type the command right it will simply jump to a new entry with a blinking cursor >>>  _
7. Touch and hold your iPhone screen while on Terminal and choose Exit
8. Restart your PC (not your phone)

You can now start syncing your iPhone again to iTunes. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're saying?