DailyRedPill

Loading...

Saturday, December 4, 2010

LG HT805PM Review

I just bought a home theater recently; a LG 37LD460 LCD TV bundled with a LG HT805PM. I guess, if you are in a tight budget you can grab this bundle. If you will ask me about the price -- it's cheap for you guys.




The LG HT805PM is 5.1 speaker setup with half tallboy for left and right front speaker. The home theater is capable of producing 850W RMS (root mean square). It has a Bass Blast Front Subwoofer which produces a pretty good solid bass sound.

LG HT805PM Key Features

HDMI

High Definition Multimedia Interface, the first industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. HDMI provides an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, and A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV). HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. It transmits all ATSC HDTV standards and supports 8-channel digital audio, with bandwidth to spare to accommodate future enhancements.

Full HD 1080p

Ordinary broadcast or DVD discs provides 576x480p pixels, The newest HDTVs can display 1920x1080p. LGs Full HD UP-Scaling Function solves this problem. This function converts SD signal into 1080p signal that provides high resolution images.

LG Sound Gallery

LG Sound Gallery gives you 7 option to select the right sound for the right moment. With a dedicated, Professional digital sound processor. LG's Sound Gallery will bring ensure the you have the ultimate listening experience.

USB Direct Recording

When you input Audio CD into LG AV system, you may record your audio data to MP3 player or USB memory by pressing just one button in MP3 file format.

USB Plus

USB Plus function enables playing JPEG, MP3, WMA and Divx video through USB 2.0 Memory slot.

for full specifications you can visit the LG website.

The player/receiver has DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Prologic II audio decoders.

It has a USB port in front which allows you to plug in USB drives and external HDD. Yes, you read it right! Though the manual says that it does not support it but I plugged in my ext HDD and it is working just fine. My HDD is formatted to FAT32. They're saying that it does not read the NTFS file format though, but I haven't tried it yet.

When it comes to playing movie files, it can playing almost everything except the Matroska or the .mkv files. It doesn't support the H.264, too bad!

In terms of audio files, it plays my mp3 files. I'm not sure about the mp4 since I don't have one.

The CD/DVD player is good. It can play almost all disc except Blu-Ray ofcourse; DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R Double Layer, VCD, SVCD.

All in all, the LG HT805PM HTIB (home theater in a box) is a bang for the buck.

Update 1: It doesn't support .M4V and .RM movie files. Use External HDD FAT32 file format.

7 comments:

  1. nice info!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same HT at home. I got it as an add-on with my 32 LE5500. I would say that the speakers are good. The DVD-Receiver lacks the much needed settings like individual settings for aux and portable. As a player though it performs really well. It also has limited sound effect presets. Overall the money I paid for it is well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, well said sir, that's why I bought this Xtreamer Pro so I can play most of my files. Well spent for a htib. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got this for Php12500, 50% discount & 0% interest on credit card. definitely worth the money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought mine bundled with LG 37LD460 LCD TV, mine is just Php5,900 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. this has AUX and Portable settings.. contrary to what the first comment says.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it cannot play .mp4 video files... i've tried it before
    but .avi files I don't know... anyone knows?

    ReplyDelete

You're saying?